Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol 2009 Top 3 Prediction!

Alright all you sportsracers, I am giving my prediction for who will be the top 3 finalists in this year's American Idol competition.

I know, I know, of the 36 hopefuls, only 24 have performed for America's vote. The remaining 12 will be performing next Tuesday for the next 3 spots in the top 12, but I think I've seen the top 3 already. I might be jumping the gun...but it's my gut feeling that the top 3 are among those who have already performed.*

So, without further ado...

My prediction for the top 3 finalists in this year's American Idol competition is:
  • Allison Iraheta
  • Adam Lambert
  • Alexis Grace

All three of these singers' names start with an "A". Hmm.

Allison Iraheta. 16 years old. Seeing her perform for the first time last week reminded me of when I saw Bianca Ryan, winner of season 1 of America's Got Talent, perform. The performance blew me away. It's like you just know she is destined for stardom. She's got a deep, soulful voice and an energetic personality; and this refreshing attitude where it truly seems like she sings from her heart and doesn't care what people think, and that's so endearing. There are a lot of fake personalities and cookie-cutter types. She is genuinely unique and has great charisma.

Adam Lambert has such an amazing voice with exceptional range and vocal ability. He's humble, considerate and creative in his interpretations. I have a feeling like he could sing the heck out of any song you gave him, and that's what all previous winners have in common. His demeanor sort of reminds me of David Cook, last year's winner. But less rockstar and more movie star.

And then there's Alexis Grace. I'm not sure I'm totally sold on her yet, but I know she's tried out a couple times already, definitely has the chops and has a really nice and sincere attitude. And I'm betting that she's got what it takes to make it through to the final 3. The unbelievable amount of power and gusto she's got is awesome.

I had a feeling that Simon would say something like, "I see you more as a lounge singer" about Alexis, but she just has a stage presence like Dolly Parton - very unassuming and gentle at first; then she unleashes her voice and she blows you away when you were least expecting it. I think she has to be careful to keep making good song choices and be herself. If she does, and I think she will, she'll make it to number 3, at least.

A few other predictions...


I'd like to also say that I think Anoop Desai will get a wildcard and come back to become one of the final 12.


Secondly, Danny Gokey will certainly be among the top 5 finalists. He's got a perfect voice and a great attitude. Sadly, Casey Carlson and Jesse Langseth, both from Minneapolis, won't be representin' by getting wildcards. But I'm glad they both made it to the top 36 at least!


If you're an American Idol fan, please leave a comment letting me know if you agree, and if not, who you think will make it to the end. Feel free to wait until after next week's performances.

*Prediction may be revised at a future date, with full disclosure by me that my judgment is messed up and I am the worst talent scout ever. Exclusions may apply; see blog for details. Obviously, actual results may vary. Being able to see the future not included. Hit singles sold separately...on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment