Monday, March 9, 2009

Joy is 189.7

I just witnessed the dog literally fall over from the force of his own tail wagging. He was pretty happy to see me.
"Dude, you're funny," I said to the dog.
This reminded me of a sermon I heard about finding and appreciating the joy in your life. And so I thought about it.
"What brings me joy?" I thought to myself.

"Well, that dog sure makes me smile a lot," I replied, to myself, awkwardly.

"OK, this is crazy...I need to write a blog post about joy," I concluded.
So, I went to go sit at the computer, chuckling about how the existentialism was so obviously a bi-product of my current "economic downturn," asking the question again:
"What brings me joy?"
But just then, as I walked down the hallway, I saw the answer right in front of me.

Joy is seeing a friend for the first time in over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment