Friday, March 6, 2009

My Fascination with Vince Offer's Nuts

About a month ago, I posted a YouTube video of this hilarious new infomercial for the Slap Chop. The guy in the infomercial is named Vince Offer. He's also the guy behind the ShamWow.

One of funniest lines during Vince's product demonstration for the Slap Chop was when he says, nonchalantly, "you're gonna love my nuts" and then proceeds to show how the Slap Chop can chop up nuts for the kids' sundaes.

OK, it's not just his nuts that I'm fascinated with.

It's his technique; his attitude; how he's actually quite entertaining, all the while making the point that if we don't buy a Slap Chop, we're stupid and will have a boring life. Millions of Slap Chops and ShamWows later, Vince is laughing all the way to the bank. And not only that, he's winning awards for doing so.

What especially fueled my interest was: How does this guy do it? How are real connections made between a persuasive message and its intended audience? And how is value created in that? How is it entertaining and win-win? I decided I'm going to write an in-depth blog post on the subject, and will provide the link here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment